- 12 ounces whole-wheat or regular linguine
- 12 ounces hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 4 Roma or medium beefsteak tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- Shaved parmesan cheese
1.Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat a large, wide pot over medium heat. Cook sausage, onion, and garlic, stirring frequently, until sausage starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Add chard and tomatoes and cook, covered, until chard wilts, about 4 minutes. Stir in cream.
2.Put drained pasta in a large, shallow serving bowl. Pour sausage and chard mixture over pasta and sprinkle with basil and parmesan cheese.