- 1 cup collard greens, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray or 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop your greens into 1 inch strips that are no longer than 4 or 5 inches long (or you’ll be getting a mouthful of stringy greens!).
- Rinse your greens (This is an important step! The water that stays on helps these cook to perfection).
- Heat your skillet to medium and spray or add oil, and garlic if wanted. Then just add your greens (these will shrink down a lot so you can do it in a small pan) and stir just until all greens have just turned bright green, usually not more than 3~ minutes.
- Turn up to medium-hot and fry for 30 more seconds or until greens are just tender.
- Toss with salt and pepper to taste.