- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into individual florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced on
the diagonal into 1/4″ slices
- 2 bunches of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Put broccoli in a pot of rapidly boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately transfer to bowl filled with ice water. Drain.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and sauté until soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3. Add carrots and sauté 2 minutes. Lower heat, cover pan, and let cook 5 to 7 minutes until just soft.
- 4. Uncover pan, add broccoli and kale, and sauté until kale is just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper and serve.