- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. Freshly Chopped Basil
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tbsp. Country Crock spread, divided
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1.Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange broccoli florets on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat evenly, then roast for 20 minutes or until brown.
- 2.Meanwhile, in large pot, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes, or until tender, then add 1 clove garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add tomatoes and juices, and gently crush tomatoes with wooden spoon. Let sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in sugar and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3.While sauce is simmering, place spaghetti squash halves in microwave-safe dish, cut-side down, and add about ½ cup of water. Microwave on high for 12 minutes, rotating dish halfway through, until squash is tender, then let sit 5 minutes. When squash is cool enough to handle, scrape out insides with fork (it will resemble pasta). Discard skins.
- 4.In large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon Country Crock spread. Add remaining 1 clove garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add spaghetti squash and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in Parmesan and remaining 2 tablespoons Country Crock, then season with salt and pepper.
- 5.Serve spaghetti squash with tomato sauce on top and roasted broccoli on the side. Garnish with extra Parmesan, if desired.