- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14-ounce can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1) Place the celery in a steamer above 1 inch of boiling water. Cover and steam 5 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a knife. Remove from the heat and drain.
- 2) Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the garlic. Stir until it smells fragrant, about 30 seconds, and add tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper. Stir together, then stir in the celery. Cook, stirring often, until the tomatoes have cooked down and the mixture is fragrant, about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Stir in the remaining parsley just before serving.