16 Mini-Kumato tomatoes
4 bay leaves, halved
4 stalks of fresh thyme
4 cloves of garlic, in strips, green core removed
4 tbsp Balsamic or sherry vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
1 tbsp cane sugar
1 tbsp coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- 2.Cut a cross halfway into the top of each tomato and place them in an oven dish.
- 3.Stuff the tomatoes with bay leaves, thyme and garlic.
- 4.Sprinkle balsamic vinegar and olive oil, some sugar, coarse sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper onto the tomatoes.
- 5.Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until warm and soft, yet somewhat firm to the touch.
- 6.Remove the bay leaves and the thyme from the tomatoes, serve warm, with some mixed leaf greens.
- 7.Add 1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp of olive oil to the juice in the oven dish, and you will have a fantastic dressing for your green salad.