- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
Couple sprigs of thyme
Salt and pepper
- Steam squash over medium-high heat until very tender, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a small sauté pan.
- Add the garlic and thyme; sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and remove thyme stems.
- Transfer squash to a mixing bowl, pour butter and garlic mixture over the top, season with salt and pepper, and mash with a potato masher or fork.