- 1 pound pasta (any pasta of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounce marscapone cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby arugula
- red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- 1.Bring a large pot of water to boil, season generously with salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- 2.In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Cook the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper until softened and the mushrooms begin to turn golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant. Add the marscapone cheese and allow to melt.
- 3.Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the cooked pasta. Add the drained pasta to the skillet, top with parmesan cheese, and toss to combine. Add in the arugula and toss. The heat from the pasta will gently wilt the arugula. Add in pasta water to thin the pasta sauce if necessary. Allow to sit for 2 minutes so the pasta can absorb some of the sauce. Taste for salt and pepper, season with more to taste.
- 4.Serve warm, with red pepper flakes if desired.