- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pounds carrots, cut into ¼-inch diagonal slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1. Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450F.
- 2. Combine oil, chili powder, cumin and salt in a medium bowl. Add carrots and toss well to coat. Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the carrots, stirring once, until tender and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3. Toss the carrots with cilantro and lime juice. Serve immediately.
- 4. Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.