- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium-size sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1.Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 1 minute; drain.
- 2.Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
- 3.Stir together brown sugar, soy sauce, and dried crushed red pepper.
- 4.Sauté bell pepper, onion, and green beans in hot peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until beans look blistered. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- 5.Remove from heat; add soy sauce mixture to green bean mixture, and stir to coat.